McDowall Family Medical Centre (MFMC)
is a fully accredited facility with AGPAL and was first established in 1982.
MFMC is a Mixed Billing surgery.
The Principal of MFMC, Dr Norris Chern, consults on a full time basis with three affiliate GP’s and several Allied Health practitioners. The Facility offers Registered Nursing staff in addition to Administration support staff. The positive relationships held with Allied Health practitioners allows MFMC to provide wholistic care for patients within the local and broader community.
MFMC has also classified as a Level 1 practice for the purpose of GPTQ Registrar training. This program enables Doctors in training to focus on specific skills required to work within General Practice and provides a framework for conducting future commercial practice whilst operating under best practice guidelines in the deliver of patient care.
For further information regarding MFMC and career opportunities please feel free to contact the Practice on 07 3353 1099.
McDowall Family Medical Centre is focused on providing your whole family with personalised, professional, quality healthcare. We offer a comprehensive range of General Practitioner Services including:
- Baby Checks
- Aged Care & Medical Management for over 65’s
- Antenatal Care & Pregnancy
- Family Planning Advice
- Implanon Insertions & removals
- Management of Chronic Health Conditions
- Men’s Health / Prostate
- Sexual Health & Screening
- Women’s Health / Pap Smears / Menopause Advice
- Full Health Checks & Preventative Health
- Mental Health Care Plans / Counselling
- Skin Cancers / Mole Checks / Cryotherapy Treatment
- Sports Injuries
- Travel Medicine & Vaccines
- Weight, Dietary & Exercise Advise
- Driver’s Medicals Assessments
- Workcover / Insurance Reports
- Dive Medicals
- Employment Medicals
Treatment Room Services
- Minor Surgery
- Wound Care & Dressings
- ECGs (Electrocardiograms)
- Hearing Tests
- Lung Function Tests
- Other medical services available
Our patients health and safety is always our number one priority.
Our mission is to provide the highest standard of patient care whilst incorporating a holistic approach toward diagnosis and management of illness.
This Practice is committed to promoting health, wellbeing and disease prevention to all patients. We do not discriminate in the provision of excellent care and aim to treat all patients with dignity and respect.
Mcdowall Family Medical Centre has maintained its accreditation since 2001. AGPAL is proud to recognise this practice team’s ongoing commitment to patients’ safety and quality standards within General Practice.